The Samsung smart TV plays material from Samsung TV Plus automatically whenever you switch it on or navigate to the home screen. It irritates me a lot. No one enjoys watching or listening to shows and movies that just happen to start playing on their own. The fact that you never know what will start playing is even worse. Anything could be the cause.
It really should have been an advertisement. Don’t worry if you’re not happy with Samsung TV’s autoplay feature. Stopping Samsung TV from playing automatically is simple. Let’s examine some methods for disabling Samsung TV autoplay.
#By Disabling the Last App Autorun
The primary offender for videos on Samsung TV that play automatically is Samsung TV Plus, as was previously reported. As a result, you have to either disable the Samsung TV Plus app or disable Autoplay for the last app you used, which is typically just the Samsung TV Plus app. The cause is that Samsung automatically switches to the Samsung TV Plus.
The steps below can be used to disable the Samsung Smart TV’s autorun last app feature:
- On your Samsung Smart TV, select Settings.
- Select Smart Features under General.
- To disable the Autorun Last app, navigate to it and press the Enter or Ok buttons on the remote.
- Turn on your television again. Either unplug the TV from the power source for 60 seconds in order to achieve that. Reconnect it after that. Alternatively, just keep pressing the Power button until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
#By turning off the Samsung TV Plus app.
You must disable the Samsung TV Plus app on your Samsung Smart TV if turning off autorun doesn’t solve the problem. Note that you will not be able to use the Samsung TV Plus app again until you add it back after disabling it.
The steps below can be used to disable the Samsung TV Plus app:
- To access the home screen, press the Home button on the remote. Have a look at different methods to operate your Samsung TV if you don’t have access to the remote.
- Locate the Samsung TV Plus application icon located in the lower panel.
- Press and hold the remote control’s Enter or Ok button to bring up a menu. From the menu, choose Remove.
Note: Press the Down button on the remote control if long pressing the Enter button doesn’t cause the menu to appear.
- You’ll see the Remove screen appear. Click the Disable button.
Note: Only the app’s removal from the home screen will occur when you press the Remove button in step 4.
Go to Sources > TV if you want to reinstall the Samsung TV Plus app. On the remote, press the Up button and choose “Add to home.” Find out how to obtain Samsung TV Plus in any country if it has been disabled in yours.
Pro Tip: For optimal results, disable the Samsung TV Plus app and keep autorun switched off.
#By Eliminating Every Channel on Samsung TV Plus
Finally, there is another way to stop Samsung TV from automatically playing if you are unable to disable the Samsung TV Plus app as previously demonstrated. To do it, follow the instructions below to manually remove every Samsung TV Plus channel.
- Press the TV’s remote control’s Home button.
- Navigate to Channel List and then Samsung TV Plus.
- Select Channel Editing.
- Press the Delete button after checking the box next to Select all. On the following screen, confirm.
The Samsung TV Plus app icon will disappear from the home screen along with the channels. When a Samsung TV Plus channel is unavailable, your TV won’t start playing random videos on its own.
Explore Samsung TV
After turning off autoplay on your Samsung Smart TV, you can utilize it without fear of watching any unrelated videos.